Throws - Decorate with a Throw Blanket
What's the difference between throws and blankets? There isn't a big difference between a throw and a blanket- they are both designed to keep you warm. However, a blanket is generally larger and sized on the same scale as comforters or bed sheets - twin, full, queen or king. Throws typically measure 50" x 60", or in the case of a "throw for two," about 50" x 70", and are often used as decorative accents.
Throw blankets are available in a broad variety of colors, textures and fabrics, including chenille, fleece, cotton, wool and acrylic. Their functional size and breadth of design makes them ideal for either cuddling up on the couch or draping across its arm.
For warmth, what fabric should you choose?
- Cotton throws are soft, comfortable, washable and breathable.
- Acrylic throws imitate the properties of wool, and are easy to care for and durable.
- Wool throws wick moisture away from the body, keep heat in and chill out
- Fleece throws , fabricated from acrylic and polyester, are lightweight and warm and compact
Specialty throws - what's available ?
The designs, textures and colors of specialty and decorative throw blankets are so varied and profuse that simply put, if you can imagine it, it's probably already on the market!
• Personalized wedding throws will remind the new couple of their happy day, and come in handy when hubby spends a night on the sofa!
• Cat throws, dog throws, bird throws, frog throws - the pet hasn't been invented that isn't depicted on a colorful cotton or acrylic fleece throw .
• Medieval decor? Search for richly woven tapestry throws online.
• Feeling patriotic? A red, white and blue Uncle Sam throw wants you!