California Incorporation - Incorporate in California
Learn about California incorporation, S corporation, C corporation and articles of incorporation. Find out how to incorporate in California and manage business formation.
* Widely Available Advisory Firms. California incorporation service advisors operate in order to provide interested start up firms with knowledge about the LLC - limited liability company formation process as it pertains to conducting future business in the state.
Your choice of a California article of incorporation filing for your business situs depends closely upon the nature of your proposed business operation and what sort of business presence within the state that you anticipate.
* Business Formation Lawyers. A California incorporation lawyer will advise that you make basic determinations as to the form of incorporation that best suits your business needs.
California incorporation service advisors will point out that you can designate doing business as a C corporation, which permits the business to operate as a legal entity separate and apart from its underlying owners in terms of corporate liability unless in cases of director's fraud.
* Creating The Necessary Documents For You. Your California business incorporation lawyer will create the necessary documents authorizing management to issue shares in order to delineate ownership as well as issue shares in order to raise or expand the firm's capital.* Many Forms Of Corporate Organization Available To You. A state of California incorporation also permits local entrepreneurs to select alternative form of incorporation such as the Subchapter S corporation which does not pay corporate income tax, thus avoiding the "double taxation" issue common to mainstream C corporations.
* Special Tax Status. As a derivative form of incorporation like the C corporation, your California incorporation also permits an S corporation to makes a separate filing of IRS form 2553 as an election for special tax status.
* Limited Liability Company Form. Your registered California incorporation service advisor will point out to you additional business formation options such as a California incorporation as a limited liability company or llc incorporation, which offers a high degree of flexibility to its members (owners) as well as shielding the members (owners) from day-to-day corporate liability.
If you choose a limited liability company then your California incorporation lawyer will draft the charter documents describing the nature of the business, directors, rules for beneficial ownership, and procedures for corporate governance as required by the state of California.
* Establishing Your Legal Presence In The State. California incorporation requires that you and your registered agent establish a physical presence within the state in order to provide state residents with legal protection of their rights in the event that civil suits are filed, naming your California incorporation entity as a counter-party.
Accordingly, your form of incorporation is duly noted in your incorporation filing submitted to the California Secretary of State's offices, where a certified copy of your California article of incorporation is provided for your permanent file. Your California incorporation business lawyer acts on your behalf as agent for service of process, which means that all court or arbitration demand documents flow through your agent for handling. To a large degree, you and your co-directors remain private in most civil matters.
* Incorporation Kit. In order to trigger the process of California incorporation, your agent will send you a California incorporation kit.
Within this California incorporation kit will be instructions as to your choice for the form of incorporation, whether you wish your registered agent to undertake a name search and name reservation, record current or future copyright and intellectual property rights, and where you'll be asked to forward fees for the services selected, as well as the fees payable to the company incorporation registered agent for its work on your behalf.
The California incorporation kit will also include stock certificates, your article of incorporation, your corporate seal, and your corporate by laws.