Dental Insurance Alabama Alternative – Consider Dental Discount Plans in AL
Can't afford dental insurance in Alabama? Consider a dental discount plan. There are a number of excellent discount dental plan providers in Alabama, so you should be able to find an alternative to dental insurance in AL.
Dental discount plans are not dental insurance, however they are affordable alternatives. Instead of an insurance premium, you pay a monthly or yearly membership fee. You'll receive a dental discount card that is used at any participating dentist to receive discounted prices for dental care. The dental discount company works with dentists to come up with discounted prices of up to 80 percent off the normal prices. The total amount of savings depends on which company you go with.
Companies Offering Dental Discount Plans in AL
Companies offering AL dental discount plans and the yearly premiums are listed below.
- Aetna Dental Access ($104.95/single or $159.95/family)
- Aetna Vital Savings ($134.95/single or $179.95/family)
- Alliance HealthCard Gold Card ($144.95/single or $199.95/family)
- Careington Select ($114.95/single or $169.95/family)
- CIGNA Preferred Network Access Dental Only ($104.95/single or $159.95/family)
- CIGNA Preferred Network Access ($134.95/single or $189.95/family)
- DenteMax Discount Dental Plan ($104.95/single or $159.95/family)
- OptumHealth Allies Dental Program ($154.95/single or $189.95/family)
- OrthoCare Orthodontic Discount Program ($84.95/single or $109.95/family)
Pay close attention to coverage. Not every dental discount plan offers coverage for orthodontia leaving you to have to purchase a separate policy if you need coverage for things like braces. Discounts also vary. While Aetna and Careington generally provide discounts of up to 50 percent, Alliance discounts are as high as 60 percent.
Typical Discounts with an Alabama Dental Discount Plan
Prices between AL dental discount plans are going to vary too. Take a look at some of the comparisons for an adult dental cleaning and then a root canal on a molar.
- Aetna Dental Access and Vital Savings ($38 cleaning and $412 root canal)
- Alliance HealthCard Gold Card ($46 cleaning and $494 root canal)
- Careington Select ($50cleaning and $496 root canal)
- CIGNA Preferred Network Access and Dental Only Plans ($46 cleaning and $494 root canal)
- DenteMax Discount Dental Plan ($49 cleaning and $656 root canal)
- OptumHealth Allies Dental Program ($41 cleaning and $489 root canal)
Make sure you find a plan that provides you with the dental treatments you feel you might eventually need and with monthly or yearly membership fees that fit your budget.