Dental Insurance Delaware Alternative – Consider Dental Discount Plans in DE
Enjoy a wide range of Delaware dental discount plan options. If you need a suitable alternative to traditional dental insurance in Delaware, a discount dental plan should help. Instead of dealing with yearly maximum benefits and exorbitant insurance premiums, you pay one low yearly membership fee and get prearranged discounts with area dentists that are up to 60 percent off their usual fees.
DE Dental Discount Plans instead of Dental Insurance
Dental insurance premiums are skyrocketing and becoming unaffordable for those who do not qualify for group rates. If you're self-employed, in college or have recently lost a job, you know how difficult it is to find affordable DE dental insurance. With Delaware discount dental plans, you get exclusive discounts to participating dentists. You can see the dentist any time you want, there are no limits. You can even see specialists whenever you want without needing prior authorization from your dentist.
With a DE dental discount plan, you never fill out claim forms. Simply show the dental office your membership card and they automatically bill you the deeply discounted rates. Dental discount plans can cover everything from general dentistry to cosmetic dentistry and orthodontia.
DE Dental Discount Plans Available
The following companies offer dental discount plans in many areas of Delaware. The prices are listed next to the company.
- Aetna Dental Access ($104.95 individual/$159.95 family)
- Aetna Vital Savings ($134.95 individual/$179.95 family)
- Alliance HealthCard Gold Card ($144.95 individual/$199.95 family)
- Careington Select Plan ($114.95 individual/$169.95 family)
- CIGNA Preferred Dental-only Network Access ($104.95 individual/$159.95 family)
- CIGNA Preferred Network Access ($134.95 individual/$189.95 family)
- DenteMax Discount Dental Plan ($104.95 individual/$159.95 family)
- OptumHealth Allies Dental Program ($159.95 individual/$199.95 family)
- OrthoCare Orthodontic Discount Program ($84.95 individual/$109.95 family)
- UNI-CARE 100 Discount Dental Plan ($79.95 individual/$129.95 family)
Savings to Expect with Delaware Discount Dental Programs
The average price of an adult cleaning in the Dover, Delaware, area is $100. If you have DE dental insurance, you're likely going to get that cleaning for free, but only after you've met your insurance companies deductible. If your deductible is $300, you won't get a free cleaning until you've paid that full $300. In addition, if you need a filling on a molar, the average price for a metal filling is $149. Delta Dental policies require you to pay 20 percent of that cost, so you'll be billed $29.80 after the deductible has been met.
Now look at how much money the same adult teeth cleaning and metal filling would cost with a DE dental discount plan. There are no deductibles to meet, so your coverage begins immediately.
- Aetna Dental Access ($46 adult teeth cleaning/$54 metal filling)
- Aetna Vital Savings ($46 adult teeth cleaning/$54 metal filling)
- Alliance HealthCard Gold Card ($48 adult teeth cleaning/$48 metal filling)
- Careington Select Plan ($68adult teeth cleaning/$90 metal filling)
- CIGNA Preferred Dental-only Network Access ($48 adult teeth cleaning/$48 metal filling)
- CIGNA Preferred Network Access ($48 adult teeth cleaning/$48 metal filling)
- DenteMax Discount Dental Plan ($72 adult teeth cleaning/$95 metal filling)
- OptumHealth Allies Dental Program ($43 adult teeth cleaning/$52 metal filling)
- UNI-CARE 100 Discount Dental Plan ($54 adult teeth cleaning/$126.55 metal filling)