Individual and Family Discount Dental Plans - Cheap Alternative to Insurance
Individual and family discount dental plans help cover you against the expense of dental cleaning and dental work. While you'll still pay for any work your dentist does in your mouth, you get a discount of up to 60 percent. Discount dental plans require a yearly membership fee that is far less than the monthly premiums charged by dental insurance companies.
Top Dental Discount Plans in the United States
There are a number of individual and family discount dental plans in the United States, but not every plan is available in all 50 states. Make sure the plan that interests you has participating dentists in your area.
Choosing your individual and family discount dental plans helps you save money on both premiums and dental care for the rest of your and your family members' lives.
- Aetna Dental Discount Plan : Vital Savings by Aetna is a dental discount plan with more than 76,000 participating dentists. The Vital Savings plan also includes discounts for gym memberships and vision care. Rates start at $72 per a year and is available in all states except Montana and Vermont.
- Alliance HealthCard Dental Discount Plan : The Alliance HealthCard dental discount plan provides discounts of 30 to 60 percent on all dental care. Rates start at 19.95 per month and also include prescription, hearing, physical therapy, vision and chiropractic coverage. There are 56,000 participating dentists working with Alliance.
- AmeriPlan Dental Discount Plan : AmeriPlan Dental Discount plans provide discounts at over 30,000 dental offices. The dental discount plan provides discounts of up to 80 percent on all dental procedures, including cosmetic ones. DentalPlus by AmeriPlan costs $19.95 per month for everyone in your household.
- Avia Dental Plan : Avia's dental discount plan costs $8 per month and includes dental, vision and prescription coverage. If there is no participating dentist in your area, Avia will happily recommend you to a comparative dental discount plan.
- Careington Dental Discount Plan : Launched in 1979, Careington's dental discount plan starts at $6.95 a month. With more than 26,000 participating dentists, the discount dental plan includes coverage for orthodontia and throws in vision care.
- CIGNA Dental Discount Plan : CIGNA's Preferred Network Access costs as little as $104.95 per year. The plan is available in most states and includes coverage for orthodontia.
- Denta-All Discount Dental Plan : Denta-All discount dental plans are not available in every area. Some areas also receive chiropractic, hearing, prescription and vision coverage, Floridians are excluded from these additional coverages. The plans start at $124.95 per year.
- Patriot Discount Dental Plan : Patriot Health offers discount dental plans in all states except Montana, North Dakota and Vermont. The discounted dental plans are meant to help those who cannot afford or qualify for insurance coverage. Dental plans start at $12.88 per month or $14.88 per month if you also want vision care.
- Signature Wellness Dental Plan: Signature Wellness dental discount plans are not available in every area. Vermonters will qualify for vision or prescription benefits, but not dental discounts. Dental plans with chiropractic, hearing, prescription and vision coverage cost $17.99 a month and include discounts of up to 30 percent on dental care.
- Uni-Care Dental Discount Plan : Uni-Care 200 dental discount plans cover everything from preventative care to orthodontia. There are more than 50,000 participating dentists with this discount plan. Rates begin at $114.95 per year.