Daybed Covers – Make Your Own Daybed Cover
Is your daybed looking worn and outdated? A daybed cover will instantly give it a fresh new look. If your daybed is in good condition, don't throw it away, a new daybed cover will make it look good as new!
Daybed covers give versatility to your very functional daybed. You don't want to give up this functional piece of furniture that is a sofa by day and a bed for overnight guests by night.
Here are simple directions for a daybed cover set that will give your daybed a polished look. This design has a crisp and informal look to it and is easy to take on and off. You can also follow these instructions for a
But many people think that when their daybed starts to look a little worse-for-wear that it is time to get rid of it. That is not the case. Why not make your own daybed covers that will turn your daybed into the focal point of any room. While you're at it, make more than one and change them with the seasons so your room always looks fresh!great futon cover or outdoor furniture slipcover. However, if you are looking for a fitted slipcover, this may not be your style.
Here is what you will need to make your own daybed cover:
- Sturdy cotton fabric - a heavy cotton or denim works nicely
- Sewing scissors
- Measuring tape
Getting started making your daybed cover:
- First you will need to measure your daybed – the length, width and height of the mattress
- Next you will cut the fabric based on your measurements. You will need two panels, one for the top and one for the bottom. NOTE: Don't forget to add the height of the mattress into your measurements. For instance, if your mattress is 4 inches thick, add a two inch drop to all sides and include a one-inch seam allowance.
- With the right sides together sew the two short and one long side of the mattress slipcover.
- Turn a one-half inch seam allowance on each side of the open edges and press. Then turn another half-inch and press again. Now you can pin and stitch.
- Now it is time to make the ties. Measure and cut 6 ties. You will want to experiment a bit with the length of the ties to ensure that they are long enough to make a knot or bow (whichever you prefer).
- Measure and mark the placement for the 3 sets of ties. One will be at the half-way point and the other two will be evenly spaced to create even quarters.
- Attach the ties to the mattress cover.
It is that easy! Now you have an attractive daybed slipcover that will give your room now life. Go ahead and put it on!