Patio Furniture Covers Protect Your Investment
Spend a lot for your patio furniture? Most people do. Protect your investment with patio furniture covers. They are an economical way to keep your patio furniture clean and in good shape. And since it is so expensive to replace, you want your patio furniture to last.
Patio furniture covers are a must if you don't want to clean, repair or replace your patio furniture on a regular basis. Buying vinyl patio covers for your outdoor furniture is a small investment. Even so, you need to be sure to buy quality, commercial grade covers. The fact is that not all patio furniture covers are the same.
What to look for in patio furniture covers
- Weight – Your patio furniture covers should be a heavyweight, commercial grade vinyl or PVC. Thin vinyl will stretch and tear easily. It will also dry out and crack from the sun.
- Fleece-backed – Quality patio furniture covers are fleece-backed. The fleece not only acts as effective insulation, but also protects your patio furniture from dings and scratches.
- Elastic and straps – Elastic edging or straps will keep your patio chair covers on while keeping the moisture and dirt out.
- Warranty – Check the warranty. Solid manufacturers with high quality products will put their warranty where their mouth is. Look for a warranty of at least three to five years.
- Durability – Ask about the covers tear and puncture resistance. A patio furniture cover only works when it is on and in tact.
Once you have checked to make sure that the cover you are looking at meets all the criteria above, then you can think about esthetics. When it comes to colors or patterns everyone has a preference. However, keep in mind that the darker colors like green and maroon hide the dirt best. And last but surely not least, don't be afraid to ask about any special promotions or discounts.