Day Spa - Spas for treatmentsNo matter how busy your life is, you should make time for a well deserved day spa experience. The day spa is all about wellness of mind, body and spirit.
Relaxation is enhanced with self-exploration and education. Physical fitness, new ways to exercise, and stress management are the focus, wrapped up in a wonderful dose of pampering. This site is a starting point for first time day spa goers and spa enthusiasts alike. It is a tool to help you to select the kind of spa that is right for you, and prepare you for your spa visit.
Choosing a day spa that is right for you, and preparing yourself for that "spa experience," are the very important first steps to having one of the most refreshing, healthful and strengthening experiences you will ever enjoy. Whether you are looking for a beauty day spa, salon day spa or gbropean day spa, you can be sure that there is one out there within your budget that will fit your needs and interests.
When calling or visiting a spa, knowing what to look for will help you immeasurably. Here are guidelines that The Day Spa Association has set which will help you to make the distinction between a facility that offers spa services, and a true day spa.
- A clean, safe, calming and nurturing environment
- Private treatment rooms for each client receiving a personal service
- Showering and changing facilities for women and men
- Spa robes and shoes for all sizes
- Business licenses; professional, licensed estheticians and therapists on staff
- Professional spa products for which estheticians and therapists have received training in their use
- Massages: Swedish, Lymph Drainage and Reflexology (Optional: Shiatsu, Polarity, Sports, Deep tissue, and Deep muscle)
- Body treatments (one or more on the menu): Body packs and wraps, Exfoliation, Cellulite, Body toning/contouring, Waxing, Homecare program (Optional: Electrical impulse body toning, heat treatments, Aryurveda treatments, Laser hair removal, Electrolysis, Hand & Foot care)
- Face: Cleansing facial, Homecare program (Optional: Medical facial, Electrical toning, Laser hair removal, Electrolysis, Cosmetics, Make-up consultation)
- Aromatherapy: Personalized for body and/or face
- One of the following:
- Steam and Sauna
- One of the following:
- Nutritional Counseling/Weight Management
- Private Trainer/ Yoga/Meditation
- Spa Cuisine
- Hair - full service salon, Scalp treatments and hair packs
- Spa manicure and pedicure