Anti Aging - Skin Care, Treatment, Supplements, Products
Anti-aging supplements are very useful, because as we age, we lose our ability to absorb nutrients from food, produce hormones and antioxidants. There are many anti aging supplements, products and creams available in the market and each have pros and cons which should be considered before they are used for skin care treatment.
More Information on Anti Aging Supplements
Antioxidants have become very important anti-aging supplements because of the free radical theory of aging. According to this theory, aging is caused in part by free radical damage. Free radicals are unstable oxygen molecules. These attach to healthy cells and oxidize them, which causes damage.
Important anti aging antioxidants include:• Alpha lipoic acid, which is a powerful antioxidant that can extend the utility of other antioxidants.
• Saw palmetto, which has antioxidants and can correct hormonal imbalances.
• Vitamin E, which is an important fat soluble antioxidant
• Grape seed oil which helps increase heart and brain health, and could help get rid of age spots .
• Spirulina, which has proteins, amino acids, and antioxidants that are easily absorbed into the body.
• Ginkgo, which has antioxidant properties and helps get oxygen to the brain, which is being studied for its effects on Alzheimer's and dementia.
• Coq10, which helps protect the heart and can improve arterial function.
There are also vital nutrients such as calcium carbonate, calcium magnesium, and inositol that help keep the body in good shape. Some anti-aging supplements are very promising when combined, like carnitine and alpha lipoic acid, can help extend life according to some scientific studies. However, some anti-aging supplements, like coral calcium, promise a lot of benefits, but do not actually have them. There is also some controversy over DHEA, which could have anti-aging benefits, but studies are conflicting