Counter Top Water Filters - Home Water Purification
Counter top water filters give you choices including pitchers, cooler, faucet mount and undersink mount designs.
Counter Top Water Filters "Intercept" And Remove Most Bad Stuff
As a consumer, you have many choices as to where you "intercept" your water. A counter top water filter is typically the simplest and most low cost approach to filter tap water at the "point of use" such as in the kitchen or in a bathroom where your family might also obtain water for drinking or face washing.
The reasons for a faucet water filter are numerous. The health and safety of your family depends entirely on the water which they get from your counter top water filter system, whether for immediate drinking or for use in preparing meals such as boiling rice, steaming fish and vegetables, or re-charging sports bottles for the next game.
* Water Borne "Bad Stuff" Reducued By Counter Top Water Filter. Counter top water filters will screen for certain minerals like lead or asbestos, however cannot typically be viewed as a technology for softening "hard" or mineralized water. Your counter top water filter may also feature a separate stage carbon media filter in order to screen beyond minerals to include some larger chemical compounds such as chlorine or certain larger sized hydro-carbon compounds which occasionally move into the underground aquifer due to proximity of manufacturing or processing facilities. Last, look for counter top water filtration which offers some protection against viruses, cysts, germs and bacteria such as e.coli and salmonella, which can require processing down to .5 micron sizes or smaller.
* Shapes, Sizes & Uses For Counter Top Designs. With heightened awareness of America's declining, yet overall good water, families are turning to in-home counter top water filters as a sure means to guarantee that water will be safe, clean and great tasting. Easy hook-up counter top designs can be free-standing such as the Brita Smart or Original pitcher series, a larger water cooler design, or faucet mount models which can be multi-stage passive water filtration or use high pressure reverse osmosis to force water through semi-permeable filter media in an effort to further screen out bad stuff.
* Leading Manufacturers And Brands. A number of great companies serve the market place with high performance counter top water filters designs. After you've determined the number of in-home locations you'll need, and how much water you estimate for ongoing water purification, then you'll be informed enough to now hone in on the great proven products from firms such as Oreck, Aquasana, Brita, GE, Kitchen Aid, Shaklee and others.
* Your Counter Top Water Filter Guarantees Your Water Safety. Your counter top water filter is the one certain technique that ensures the quality of your water rather than rely upon your municipal water authority and their water treatment technologies to do the job for you. Like portions of the arterial road network around the country your water supply infrastructure of reservoirs, treatment plants and delivery pipes were developed and paid for most likely in the 1920's and 1930's by your grand parents, and have not been substantively upgraded thereafter.
So, whatever were the then current technologies and available capital created the water system infrastructure which failed to contemplate the increase in pollutants, the demand for water to support manufacturing, along with a huge growth in population and agriculture placing even greater strain on our water supply system.
Counter Top Water Filter Features for Homes, Taps:
* Consuming Right Levels Of Water For Optimum Health. By introducing a counter top water filter in your home, you can rest more comfortably in the knowledge that the 10 glasses of water per day will increase your body fluid levels so that nutrients can more easily cycle in and out of your body's cells. Iincreased clean water means that your entire body and your kidneys will work more efficiently, thus aiding in the elimination of waste products. It's a well established medical fact that the ingestion of significant volumes of water which has gone through a counter top water filter will decrease the risk of concentrated urine, which may prevent kidney stones from forming.
* How We Naturally Lose Water Each Day. Since a typical person loses about two liters of water per day through breathing, perspiration, urination and bowel movements, you need to replace that lost moisture with water which has been processed by your counter top water filter in order to ensure its cleanliness and good health for you and your family.