Christian Camps – Summer Christian Camp for Youth
At a Christian camp, your children will enrich their faith, enjoy fellowship and participate in traditional camp activities.
Camping has long been considered an effective means of helping children grow in their religious understanding. The spiritually focused, challenge-oriented community characteristic of Christian camping is unsurpassed for igniting faith, instilling character, and imparting ideals.
Typical Christian camp programs encourage participants to:
- Engage in Bible study and verbally demonstrate an understanding of Christian community;
- Develop responsibility through group living tasks;
- Demonstrate respect for self, authority, and the rights and property of others;
- Form an interest in exploring and enjoying the natural environment;
- Express creativity through crafts, problem solving, worship, and personal interactions.
In addition to Bible study, worship services and quite time focused on prayer and reflection, a Christian summer camp experience might also include traditional activities such as volleyball, arts and crafts, ball games, boating, exploring, nature hikes, singing, dancing and story telling.
A Christian camp may be day-based or residential, and be the theme of a traditional camp setting or even the guiding theme of a summer sports program, cheerleading camp, for example.
Send your teen to a faith-based camp, especially if he or she is going through a rough time personally. The guidance, caring and fellowship experienced at a Christian camp can break through all kinds of barriers kids put up.