Sample Power of Attorney Form - POA Samples
Creating a power of attorney is easier if you have power of attorney examples to follow. The following samples should help you understand what you need to provide.
The first of the sample of attorney forms simply sets up a limited power of attorney for a business woman who will be traveling out of the country and plans to lease her home during her absence. The second of the power of attorney samples cover a durable power of attorney for an elderly man who wants to protect his interests should he become ill.
Power of Attorney Samples for Travelers
I, Jane Doe, residing at 123 Jones Court, Anywhere, Michigan, designate John Doe, residing at 345 Jones Court, Anywhere, Michigan, as my attorney in fact (referred to as “Agent” on the following conditions:
1. The Agent may act on my behalf following this Limited Power of Attorney dealing with any matters regarding the lease of 123 Jones Court during my three-month absence. I authorize the Agent to draw up lease agreements, pay for required repairs using my Bank of Anywhere checking account number 00000123456 and collect and deposit rental money.
2. I authorize my Agent with the power to perform every duty lawfully and in the same manner I would do if I was present.
3. With this power of attorney instrument, I hand over the power of attorney powers to my Agent from August 1, 20xx to November 1, 20xx, upon my return from my travels.
This legally binding contract is to be construed as a limited power of attorney. The limited power of attorney will not be affected by incapacitation of the principal, unless allowed by law.
By signing this power of attorney document, I agree to the above.
I, John Doe, residing at 123 Jones Place, Anyplace, Utah, designate Frank Franklin of 246 Cherry Way, Otherplace, Utah, as my attorney in fact (or Agent) on the following conditions:
1. The Agent may act under the Power of Attorney agreement exercising all powers in terms of my best interests and my welfare.
2. The Agent has complete power to conduct all of my legal and financial affairs handling all of my current duties and those I may acquire. This includes: paying my debts, managing my stock portfolio, handling important business decisions, accessing my safe and safe deposit box, preparing my tax returns and engaging in legal cases as necessary.
3. The durable power of attorney is irrevocable until my death or until I withdraw it in writing.
4. Third parties will not be subject to lawsuits or legal actions by me if my Agent acts outside of my restrictions. Nor will my agent be open to lawsuit to his actions unless he engages in misconduct per my rules.
5. All photocopies of this durable power of attorney will be considered legal and binding.
6. I hereby withdraw any power of attorney privileges I may have given to other parties before the below listed date.
7. The Agent will only be reimbursed for mileage and reasonable expenses while acting as my Attorney in Fact
8. If Frank Franklin is unable or unwilling to fulfill the requirements set forth, I appoint Jane Smith, residing at 187 Smith Court as my Agent.
Copyright 2004-2014 S&T US LLC